Jan 26, 2008

Living life fully alive...

“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” (Howard Thurman).

This is a great quote to meditate on...I for one don't want to live life going through the motions! I want to be fully alive and engaged. I want my life to matter to more than just my family and for more than just one generation.

Whether I pass on my legacy through homeschooling or sowing into others every day that I'm here, I pray that my life inspires others for many years...into eternity.

Does that sound arrogant? I hope not. I think we all want to leave an impression, don't we? That can only happen when we refuse to live routine lives and insist on living inspired, spirit-led lives that make a difference.  Jesus promised a life that is fulfilling and impactful...that's what I want.

"I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)."  (John 10:10)

No comments: